Skip to main content

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day... 

First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may...

So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting our mom's worth hundred or two hundred  bucks gift... So again the group of three my new good friends and me, we decided to buy the gift in evening,,, after coaching class... 

*** 
After coaching got over, we three went shop to shop not finding the right gift... some offering hair pins, some clutches, some out dated vases.. Then of our mate fell sick so she left.. Then Major mate and I set on her scooter to find the shop... Finally we went to a shop, and I call the shop keeper modaru (drinker in Assamese)... So we happily bought the gift according to our budget.. But we were so engrossed in Shopping that we failed to panic and sense that earthquake had taken place...  And again my shopping angered  my dear best friend when he called... 

*** 
I reached home late with pens in my hand, than the usual time,, to find my happy family sitting on sofa and making list for the grand wedding to take place in two months...
For one whole  day I hid the gift in my satchel...... 
***
So on Saturday night when my future Olympic Gold medalist (she keeps playing galaxy ball every night, and breaking her own score everynight) mother went asleep, I tip toed to my room. unpacked her gift and put the pens inside ( I gifted her pens too, She robs me of my pens everyday) and put her gift near specs, hoping she finds in Morning...

 Now it cant be my story so easy victory...

Expectation...

I thought, when she wakes up in morning, she will search her, specs... After she finds her specs, she would chance upon her gift.. She would be excited and say " Oh my baby! she must have searched so many places..." and hug me in my sleep and kiss me...

Reality...

Thanks to my dear Goldie, no such thing happened... Like every night he kept giving wet kisses.. Suddenly he called my Mom, to complain " Momma Look Ants on my bowl of royal canine..." So Mom switched on the lights,,, started removing the ants, searching her specs, chanced upon the gift, she thought whats shining?.. Then realizing her gift... saying "Whats this, my Little daughter has gifted me, I am sure she has given more price then the actual rate" she said all this without opening her gift .to find a flower vase with pens in it... She slept back without giving the hug and kiss,,,,
  She opened the gift in morning after her daily Puja... then finally I got my kiss with the question how much did you spend.??..

Well this Mothers day was, different. Mother and daughter went to market to buy our supplies of ration... But came back with  Jalebi (sweetmeat).. We spent the noon eating Jalebi, and listening Adele's  "Rolling in the Deep" & others on youtube just for change from our desert of Rabindra Sangeet...

Element of Surprise

I decided to make the day different, hence at midnight I had text-ed all  my Boy-friends - to wish there mothers happy mothers day..  I succeed with all the boys except for my own Best friend,,,,...


P. S- Nothing  ever happens as I expect, why do I get surprised when fate twists my reality everyday... Haven't learn my lesson yet...

thanking you to bear with me
paulOaries

Comments

  1. You know..I don't know what to say, but you are becoming a real blogger. This one is so fantastic..I loved it, the small details like that of earthquake, the dog's complain, search for glasses...I loved it. And above all the kiss-question...lol. superb..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, With due respect of ur sentiment, i have to say that i dont understand the logic of celebrating 'Father's day' or Mother's day"!. For me or rather say for all of us 'its everyday'.Why we single out only a day for our parents? They deserve our continuous love throughout our lives.

    We are taught that:


    "And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, ... ..." (Quran, Surah Luqman, Chapter #31, Verse #14)

    Narrated Abu Huraira: A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. " (Sahih Bukhari, Book #73, Hadith #2)

    And (remember) when We took a covenant from the Children of Israel, (saying): Worship none but Allah (Alone) and be dutiful and good to parents, and to kindred, and to orphans and Al-Masakeen (the poor), (Tafsir At-Tabaree, Vol. 10, Page 158 (Verse 9:60)) and speak good to people (i.e. enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, and say the truth about Muhammad Peace be upon him ), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat. Then you slid back, except a few of you, while you are backsliders. (Tafsir Al-Qurtubee, Vol. 2, Page 392).
    (Surah Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #83)

    It is prescribed for you, when death approaches any of you, if he leaves wealth, that he make a bequest to parents and next of kin, according to reasonable manners. (This is) a duty upon Al-Muttaqoon (the pious - see V.2:2).
    (Surah Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #180)

    They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) what they should spend. Say: Whatever you spend of good must be for parents and kindred and orphans and AlMasakin (the poor) and the wayfarers, and whatever you do of good deeds, truly, Allah knows it well.
    (Surah Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #215)

    Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor), the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Verily, Allah does not like such as are proud and boastful;
    (Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #36)

    Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Fawahish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand.
    (Surah Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #151)

    And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour.
    (Surah Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #23)

    And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents, but if they strive to make you join with Me (in worship) anything (as a partner) of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.
    (Surah Al-Ankaboot, Chapter #29, Verse #8)

    And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.
    (Surah Luqman, Chapter #31, Verse #14)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Points noted with a reciprocal respect Sir. I read and enjoyed it as a tiptop micro blog where the writer weaves her thoughts in a bizarre way without going into the faux pas of any affiliations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like it.. i bought mommy's gift long before u did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog

Make a wish lady......

dedicated to a lady, who is Born today (legally)  to  Dictate....me .... or as I call her ( Impulsive Young Lady) Today is 31st December  my elder sister's birthday,  A lady who never knows anyone above and superior to her.  She can go to any extent to protect me, example technically do poaching in my Facebook, reading  my messages, reading my personal diary and scolding me. Who is against every new best friend I have.. She can never be my friend, as she is 7years elder than me..... The glass of between the ruled and ruler is never to break...  A lady who knows everything hence putting the word Great before her name. She presents the breed born in the late 80's... Unapologetic, Dominating, Free-willed. But this blog of mine came to existence only for her, because my dumb head would fail to create even a email id alone..... Well my sister is unique creature, rather a strange creation of  God, born on a strange day, hence her birth meant a cycle. A cycle