Skip to main content

Why ALONE missy?




paulOaries has created a record of travelling alone twice within six months .. Yes I did it again... I traveled by train to City of Joy ,,, At the age of eighteen I am proving every convention wrong set for me,,, I am Not that delicate as my family makes of me.. Today is officially Second Day of mine here.. But for me its Day ONE.... 
Today was my first taste of freedom, rather merchandising the concept  of " Being Alone" ( my deepest desire for last five years)... 
so the mocking fate again proved me.. wrong!!!... I ended up penning few words in the notepad I was carrying with me....So here is the first hand reproduction of my thoughts I went through afternoon...

18th June 2012.. place some popular Mall...

Here I am, all alone.. The Mall is babysitting me...To be honest I am not left A L O N E... But my elder sister has to go to office, and its too hot here to stay alone in her studio apartment so she dropped me here.. The place is awesome, and has great many distractions.. Yet here I sit lonely and bored in the Food Court... 

Well Its just two hours gone.. First hour I spent in the marvelous bookshop... Where I was asked to just kill time but not buy books by my Didam... But I spent seven hundred bucks on Modern Indian poetry, Gitanjali, James Joyce, Difficult Pleasures..,, So after controlling my greed for books,, I shifted to Window Shopping... 

After window shopping, now I have taken an exclusive seat for myself in Food Court.. Now I am staring at my plate full of pasta.. From the dish I can see Yellow bell-pepper, yellow corn, green capsicum, red bell-pepper, brown mushrooms, n white sauce covering my pasta.. Had I known before, I would have asked to deduct the bell-peppers and capsicum.. After every five minutes, I am being monitored by my sister, mother, grandmother, grandpa, father, and my would be brother in law through my calls, and sms's... 

Now I am having the first bite of my Pasta.. Yes my best-friend was right, being Alone is not as charming as they show in movies.. My Romantic Idea of  "Freedom" and "Being Alone" are proven wrong at this very moment.. But I wont lie, I am happy, really happy to be all by myself in this fancy world of materialism... I am being a good girl.. I am following the first lesson taught in life - Don't Talk with Strangers.. I havent spoken to single person expect the salesman in bookshop and cashier in Food Court.. 

I look around at the gay couples, all of them so happy.. When I look at them, they look back at me with questing eyes... Why am I alone?, Why am I occupying the seat of Four? Why am I behaving like a philosopher- talking with her food and writing?.. Well I replied back with blank eyes, pretending to be a witch all alone in search for solitude.. 

As I look around, I rejoice, that I am not fat.. I'm slightly overweight .. I  really see people suffering from   obesity devouring their food... I a'int proud, but I feel really happy that, I know what not to become...." I wont become Human Meatball"
Now its time for my movie to start...
                                                                 ***

Well today for first time I watched a movie alone in theater.. The movie was Prometheus and I loved it.. But 3D movie is little ironical to me... The irony is I always have to carry one extra pair of eyes above my nose.. Yes I wear specs  24/7.. So when I went to watch the movie I realised it was 3D, so from two pair of eyes, I had to carry three pair of  eyes... To my dismay I have the great North-eastern Nose- a small Mongolian Nose.. So the 3D glasses fell from my nose time to time.. 

Rest of the day was eventful too...

P.S- I realised three things haven't left me..
        1. I'm petrified of escalators...
        2. I'm ignorant to the advancement of  modern technology
        3. I'm really a dreamer, I dream wrong most of the time...

thanking you to bear with me
paulOaries





Comments

  1. studio apartment..!!good know that u enjoyed ur 1st "mall-alone day" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't talk to strangers is a strict guideline for Sr. A.P.
    Not for you. Therefore it's not bad to make some new friends wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day...  First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may... So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting our mom's worth hundred or two hundred  bucks

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog

Make a wish lady......

dedicated to a lady, who is Born today (legally)  to  Dictate....me .... or as I call her ( Impulsive Young Lady) Today is 31st December  my elder sister's birthday,  A lady who never knows anyone above and superior to her.  She can go to any extent to protect me, example technically do poaching in my Facebook, reading  my messages, reading my personal diary and scolding me. Who is against every new best friend I have.. She can never be my friend, as she is 7years elder than me..... The glass of between the ruled and ruler is never to break...  A lady who knows everything hence putting the word Great before her name. She presents the breed born in the late 80's... Unapologetic, Dominating, Free-willed. But this blog of mine came to existence only for her, because my dumb head would fail to create even a email id alone..... Well my sister is unique creature, rather a strange creation of  God, born on a strange day, hence her birth meant a cycle. A cycle