Skip to main content

Hobo Diary- 2 (Hairy) No-Trim November


#NoShaveNovember

Last year when I was tweeting randomly, which I tend to do every now and then when I am super bored or drunk on queer rights, I found an interesting picture one of my tweeter followers had tagged me failing to identify my gender. It was an image of a standalone mass of hair, which reminded of Hagrid without a real facial outline and below I found the hashtag No-shave November. Without knowing the meaning, I forwarded the image to all my male buddies. As a result, few of them got interested in it and after reading about it on Wikipedia I figured what this celebration of beard was for. Which I assume most of us know it’s about spreading awareness about Male Cancer and Sexual Health, and you donate the money you saved without shaving for a month. By fifteenth of that month a year back, whole internet (people on my social media platform) was crazy, the men population, to be particular and many of my boyfriends were walking with their dark unkempt mane.


Here I am a person of the opposite gender who loves beard and mustache! I mean my father was bound to give competition to any superstar in 70s from Dravidian Belt of film industry with his handlebar mustache, alas now he prefers to remain clean shaved! And I hate it, I hate it bad. My grandfather was more of a cynical jolly who carried the Chaplin-Hitler look with confidence. Now my cute cousin brother has grown up and boy he carries the beard so well. My brother-in-law carries the Amitabh Bacchan French cut with ease. My chubby teacher (mentor) turns into a really good looking guy when he carries four or five layers of five ‘o’clock beard! I discard my friends’ fiancés’ on the grounds of facial hair. I even have crush after manga and comic characters who have beard and Trafalgar Law rocks the world with his goatee and Vira is women killer Aghori with tame-less beard! By that standards of real and imaginary giddy men around me, I am bound to fall in love with bearded hunks or man without any facial hair. Its extremes for me, middle ground won’t do!


So this year when No-shave November returned, I was more excited than the lazy guys around me, but I am a girl and I don’t have beard! Since my tendencies always have been unisex I decided to participate in No-shave November! Yes, I know, I don’t have beard that I could grow and flaunt (another reason I wanted to be boy, period problem is at bottom of that list, not having beard is at top). If my gender was not discouraging enough, my gender holders sure were! But I do have two tiny hands, a pair of really good legs, underarms and ahem-ahem parts! Hence I took out batteries from my trimmer (a gift from my generous metrosexual brother-in-law). For one month I decided to go No-Trim November! I was hell bent to participate in No-Shave November! Either way no one was stopping me...



Here is how I look now thirty days later!



P.S- Don’t I look cute?


thanking you to bear with me
paulOaries



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day...  First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may... So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting our mom's worth hundred or two hundred  bucks

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog

Make a wish lady......

dedicated to a lady, who is Born today (legally)  to  Dictate....me .... or as I call her ( Impulsive Young Lady) Today is 31st December  my elder sister's birthday,  A lady who never knows anyone above and superior to her.  She can go to any extent to protect me, example technically do poaching in my Facebook, reading  my messages, reading my personal diary and scolding me. Who is against every new best friend I have.. She can never be my friend, as she is 7years elder than me..... The glass of between the ruled and ruler is never to break...  A lady who knows everything hence putting the word Great before her name. She presents the breed born in the late 80's... Unapologetic, Dominating, Free-willed. But this blog of mine came to existence only for her, because my dumb head would fail to create even a email id alone..... Well my sister is unique creature, rather a strange creation of  God, born on a strange day, hence her birth meant a cycle. A cycle