Skip to main content

Up-dated...



Science fiction over the years has tinkered a lot with my brain, it has made me believe in possibility of time travel, space jump and alternate universes. Though the explosion of technology in many science fiction movies and books and of course comics makes me cringe in fear that robots will take over the planet one day, yet I respect the imaginative power science allows. As much as I worship this genre in my brain, in reality I am too ignorant to grasp it. I had asked four people to explain me the meaning of five dimensional being after watching Interstellar. 




Every day I can see new cell phones being launched, Apple lover flaunting their un-edible fruits and music lover wearing headphones bigger than their heads could phantom. All this overwhelms me to the point of being termed analog. Certain someone is in awe that I am still stuck at 2G internet plan, and another friend is amused that I vehemently refuse the existence of multiple time saving apps. I still have faith in Bluetooth for sharing music and photographs and emails for sending PDFs.




Now that I have an adorable red phone, the vast network of android system is playing tennis with my head. I have the same apps that my previous phone had, ironically my previous partner refused to update itself, and my new partner wants to be up to date, every two days. Now that I have returned home my cell phone is behaving like Alice did in wonderland. For first time it has got twenty four hours WiFi connection, like a glutton it’s been updating itself for three days straight.




Instagram has a new logo, which may sound sexist but is damn ‘GIRLY’ and I yet have to figure out where my twitter updated itself. Luckily I don’t have a facebook app and my mangareader app is analog like me, it has achieved its perfection of being in 2013. Skype keeps offering me gold coins with every new update, I don’t know why? Overall my phone has updated itself to compete against other smart phones.




But what’s the point of so many updates?


I know there must be a huge logic working behind, but did not the QWERTY phones run fine five years back? That too without updates and had long battery backup. Now that I am talking about batteries, for first time in my life I realised today that digital cameras don't work on the same policy of their predecessor Kodaks that had film rolls, which all ran on bloody pencil batteries! That certain someone friend of mine is correct, at times I behave like an ancient being from dark ages. Yes I want to be stuck in the era when the flip-phones existed and all they were used for was to call and text.



Sometimes I have a dream, where like Neo, I am inside a mechanical womb, with wires plugged inside me. And I am so use less to the wire owners that they toss me into a junkyard, where I am the only human among floppy disks, typewriters, walkie-talkies, blackboards, telephones, music CDs, VIP suitcases, walkmans, and piles of pencil batteries. May be its my fear of being stuck in constant tussle between being gun-ho about vanishing culture of preservation and moving on to a virtual collective. 

Or may be I am really too late on catching up with technology...


P.S- the blog art is a result of me trying to update my doodling skills and my Will is updated, I am going on a ten day long trip with my family, so I updated my Will too.


thanking you to bear with me
paulOaries

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day...  First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may... So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting our mom's worth hundred or two hundred  bucks

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog

Make a wish lady......

dedicated to a lady, who is Born today (legally)  to  Dictate....me .... or as I call her ( Impulsive Young Lady) Today is 31st December  my elder sister's birthday,  A lady who never knows anyone above and superior to her.  She can go to any extent to protect me, example technically do poaching in my Facebook, reading  my messages, reading my personal diary and scolding me. Who is against every new best friend I have.. She can never be my friend, as she is 7years elder than me..... The glass of between the ruled and ruler is never to break...  A lady who knows everything hence putting the word Great before her name. She presents the breed born in the late 80's... Unapologetic, Dominating, Free-willed. But this blog of mine came to existence only for her, because my dumb head would fail to create even a email id alone..... Well my sister is unique creature, rather a strange creation of  God, born on a strange day, hence her birth meant a cycle. A cycle