Skip to main content

Book Review: Ghost Teller by GTT

Book Review: Ghost Teller by GTT (Link at bottom.)


Quote: Are ghosts as terrifying as they may seem?
We like to think not.
Humans will fight.
And hurt.
And kill.
Over, and over. And over again.
Yet you call us worse than them?





The grim reaper, the maiden ghost in white, the creepy child ghost, the sexy succubus, the horned demon, and the headless ghost have set their table up for a night of stories.
Stories of lust, greed, anxiety, betrayal, love, and insecurity. But most importantly, they are cruel. The grim reaper begins with: What I'm about to tell you, is more terrifying than any ghosts. It is a tale of humans.
So each of our paranormal narrators picks a tale, each tale beautifully illustrated and at the core of each story is human greed.
The Story of Woman: deals with an insecure woman who gets 'perfect life and happiness' in exchange for two tragedies. And how this deal manifests. It was predictable but it was a satisfying end.
The Story of this Place, a new nun joins an orphanage that is being harassed by management and has an alarming rate of child death. It was creepy and shows how lovesickness can drive us to do crazy thing.
The Story of Photographer: a photographer is hired by an actress to capture pictures of her cheating professor husband his student. But the girl dies and the photographer misses the exact moment of her demise, but he has to find out if it is a murder or an accident. This story was my favourite, it was predictable but the twist was brutally placed and it had no poetic justice.
The Story of their Love: was about a local leader and his beautiful wife, set against a mass protest. It was scary story and sad one.
The Story of Son: was story of a son who escapes his poverty-stricken life and is ashamed of his father and how his life has a Greek Tragedy fall.
The Story of her Truth: shows us what rumours and nasty behaviour of netizens can do. The side effects of celebrity obsession culture are more tragic than we think. This story made me feel sad the most.
I loved the art, it's inspired by Korean mythology, socioeconomic politics, and culture. What I loved most was there is no poetic justice, just selfish humans whose justice awaits at hands of Grim Reaper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day...  First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may... So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting our mom's worth hundred or two hundred  bucks

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog

Make a wish lady......

dedicated to a lady, who is Born today (legally)  to  Dictate....me .... or as I call her ( Impulsive Young Lady) Today is 31st December  my elder sister's birthday,  A lady who never knows anyone above and superior to her.  She can go to any extent to protect me, example technically do poaching in my Facebook, reading  my messages, reading my personal diary and scolding me. Who is against every new best friend I have.. She can never be my friend, as she is 7years elder than me..... The glass of between the ruled and ruler is never to break...  A lady who knows everything hence putting the word Great before her name. She presents the breed born in the late 80's... Unapologetic, Dominating, Free-willed. But this blog of mine came to existence only for her, because my dumb head would fail to create even a email id alone..... Well my sister is unique creature, rather a strange creation of  God, born on a strange day, hence her birth meant a cycle. A cycle