Skip to main content

Webcomic Review: One Day by Pan

Webcomic Review: One Day by Pan (link at bottom)


Quote: You love the book The Dreamcatcher, right?
Hum...right.
That novel is really awesome! I've come to your store for three days. Finally, I finished it.
What? You finished all of it?


One Day is a short webcomic that's sweet, fluffy and warm like pancakes which leave you happy after you devour it.
In a rainy city, Bella a bookworm college student meets a backpacker in the bookshop she works at. They bond over an out of print book that Bella hides behind shelves so that she can finish it before someone buys it. They walk around the city, have coffee in Bella's favourite café and talk about their looming future as working adult. Bella doesn't want to work in a corporate job but her family is strict, and her new friend has a little secret of his own.









There are two side stories, of a tomboy teen named Luciana who has a crush on her basketball teammate, and how her friends try to doll her up to impress the boy. And the final story is of Isla, whose boyfriend suddenly breaks off their longtime relationship.
Each story revolves around accepting one's own shortcomings and making the best out of their immediate reality. Luciana can doll up for one day, but her true nature is that of a wild child, Bella is timid and careful yet she dreams of running away in the novel she is writing. But deep down she knows escapism is only a temporary medicine. Isla had her life set, a decent job, loving partner and marriage in two years, but when life throws her curveball, she chooses her well-being over chasing lost love.
The art of the story made me so jealous, I wanted to live in this city in the middle of mountainous terrain. Work in a bookshop and drink tea in cosy cafés and get drenched in rain. Each panel has been so delicately coloured and balanced with the theme of youth, life and hope. Bella is a pessimist, but her surrounding is reeking with energy. Isla begins rebuilding a life in and around an empty gloomy room, but soon she fills it with books, plants, design work she loves and her own contentment and it's so well illustrated! And Luciana radiates like the sun under which she practices in her panels.
Oh, my aching heart is so happy to read an empowering romance comics.
👉 I found a super captivating comic whose name is [One Day]! You can read it here! http://comi.life/1HdO2F

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a wish lady......

dedicated to a lady, who is Born today (legally)  to  Dictate....me .... or as I call her ( Impulsive Young Lady) Today is 31st December  my elder sister's birthday,  A lady who never knows anyone above and superior to her.  She can go to any extent to protect me, example technically do poaching in my Facebook, reading  my messages, reading my personal diary and scolding me. Who is against every new best friend I have.. She can never be my friend, as she is 7years elder than me..... The glass of between the ruled and ruler is never to break...  A lady who knows everything hence putting the word Great before her name. She presents the breed born in the late 80's... Unapologetic, Dominating, Free-willed. But this blog of mine came to existence only for her, because my dumb head would fail to create even a email id alone..... Well my sister is unique creature, rather a strange creation of  God, born on a strange day, hence her birth meant a cycle. A cycle

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day...  First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may... So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting our mom's worth hundred or two hundred  bucks

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog