Skip to main content

Education and me...



Many of my friends can trace back the first day of school in their memory but I cant. I loathed studying, I hated my first school, I feared my first teachers. For me everyday was a war in school. So why should my first day be different? As from the fables which my Mom tells to people I can make out that I was pain to her in my initial years of learning. I use to cry, shout, vomit, not visit washrooms till school was over. I had made their life pathetic. Sometimes I didn't step out of School Bus, other time I did not write a single classwork. For all this I used to get beaten up almost everyday at home. 


The word 'Exam' has always created terror in mind of students, I was no exception.. I was no exception when the results came out. I was always below average, got the remarks very poor, can do better, my report cards always had C, D and occasional A and B's.. I could never remember, I had no interest in studies. The process of Education was never friendly with me. In my younger days I loved maths, so fate had almost inscribed me to be an Engineer like my father. Well all this changed as soon as I entered grade 6, my love for maths vanished. I started to study for first time in Life.. By the time I reached grade 10 I had developed immense love for literature. No I did not start writing then. But I had found my choice to deviate.. Finally I erased out the possibility to be the fourth Engineer in family by choosing Humanities over Science..

When I entered B.R.P.L Vidyalaya I entered at point blank Aim range. Before I started my awesome journey in the School that changed my life, my Mom said "Don't let my faith in you waste, give me good result and make me proud." May be it was her words which compelled me to work hard. It was always her who has been the support and source of inspiration in my life. Hence my hard work was visible from the first periodical exams in school. Finally I settled for Fifth position in my school. It was in our school that for first time I tasted the wine of being good student and one among the toppers. To be honest I never even crossed the 20th position in my earlier school. But Goddess has been kind to me in my work.

Few days back my second semester result came out, and yes I have something twisted too. The result came out around 7 p.m in evening, but to my luck, our area code was invalid. Yes the Commerce results were out, my friend from commerce stream was yelling on phone that results were out. But our results were not out. I was praying that my GPA from first semester must prevail. But I had my fears as my Poetry paper was not written well up to my expectations. Though my teachers were sure of same result, I was doubtful. The very next day I had Philosophy exam, and I could not find my result. I could neither study nor sleep. From 7 p.m I was online on university website till 2 a.m. I bugged my best friends, close friends, my mother, and the professor who is our tenant. Finally I messaged my HOD on facebook, it was he who made me understand that our results were not yet uploaded. But then after lamenting, cursing my fate again I slept at 2 a.m. In morning I woke up late, few hours before Philosophy exam. I rushed to my Laptop, in case the result got updated but "NO" they were not. 

Then my new good close major Mate texted me an hour later that she was coming to my home, and we shall walk to exam hall. Just fifteen minutes before she would step out, she asked me to check the website again. So we both took the last gamble of fate, and decided it was going to be our last try. To my dragon tooth's wish, my result was out. Yes I maintained the same GPA. I was so relaxed and happy. Then I checked everyones' result and texted them. Another news broke too, for first time in life I Topped.. I shared the position with last semester's Topper. But I- that's Me- TOPPED!!!... Now I wanted to enjoy the moment, after one year of twisted fate and mishaps finally I got what I always thought was never possible. Though I did not top university, but I topped my college department. Now I have more hard work to do.

Today I want to shout and tell those people who said my future is dark " Does my future look Dark?" No do not mistake I am proud about this little achievement. My Mom has always told me that I was born to achieve something great, but never to be proud of anything. Yes I do take pride in my upbringing, family heritage and ideals, but I have tried my best never to see anyone with inferior eyes, who has given me that right?  


Today I just wanted tell everyone my life has been very short and boring in major parts, but I have learned my lessons every now and then. I found hard work is easier done then said. I have proven it at times. I have built myself with hard work and only hard work. If anyone asks my philosophy while studying and growing up than it has to be it. Its a Shloka by Rishi Bhardwaj, which I learned in 4th grade. The lines are:-


karat karat abhyaas ke, jadmat hoth Sujaan

rasri aavat jaat hai, sir par hot nisaan


loose translation means, regular exercise makes the mind sound, like the rope use to pull water out of well leaves a mark behind

P.S- There is no substitute for hard work. 


thanking you to bear with me
paulOaries




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day...  First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may... So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting our mom's worth hundred or two hundred  bucks

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog

Make a wish lady......

dedicated to a lady, who is Born today (legally)  to  Dictate....me .... or as I call her ( Impulsive Young Lady) Today is 31st December  my elder sister's birthday,  A lady who never knows anyone above and superior to her.  She can go to any extent to protect me, example technically do poaching in my Facebook, reading  my messages, reading my personal diary and scolding me. Who is against every new best friend I have.. She can never be my friend, as she is 7years elder than me..... The glass of between the ruled and ruler is never to break...  A lady who knows everything hence putting the word Great before her name. She presents the breed born in the late 80's... Unapologetic, Dominating, Free-willed. But this blog of mine came to existence only for her, because my dumb head would fail to create even a email id alone..... Well my sister is unique creature, rather a strange creation of  God, born on a strange day, hence her birth meant a cycle. A cycle