Skip to main content

Farewell to my Ride...




Humanity’s biggest achievement lies in its discovery of wheel and its use. Often at moments a desires and thought rises in the mind- to travel back to that significant moment and eradicate the existence of wheel and dissolve its idea.

For a traveler this thought will be blasphemous, wheels have given our movements a direction and destination. Vehicles are our backbone to economy, railways or pizza delivering bikes we need the wheels. The constant rotation on tracks is lullaby to passengers while the road-roller scares us. Even our time is measured with the help of a wheel.

Attachments to vehicles have been our greatest statement to justify our materialistic mind- a comment my teacher would pinch me with. Growing up watching a fierce girl on eco-friendly two wheeler injuring creatures around her was enough to decide for me, the eco-friendly two-wheeler came to my life early and I became the careful law abiding rider.  Learning to paddle and balance is an experience no one could ever forget.

Running out of energy and breath, yet paddling out just to feel the air run wild through the hair has been Charlie’s moment of infinity to all riders. To ride while the drops have drenched us to heart's content or to take unknown turns with the affectionate one sitting behind has its own charm. The motor-bike are a guy’s best friend- my biker friends have chanted to me innumerable times. Is our love with this non-living thing often producing noise and pollution normal?

Tod in Wind In the Willows ends up in jail for the need for speed gene in him. Man’s obsession with speed and love for vehicle is beyond realms of psychology. Every time I put a scratch on the car, the sunken cheeks of my father inflate like hydrogen balloons jumping to fly high. My reaction to him often comes as- it’s just a car, though we both know it’s not just a car or any other mode of transportation.

But my own attachment of vehicle has been devoted to the bicycles I have paddled around the town.
 The first lady I had between my legs was in pinkest of her health and I disliked her. Our relationship lasted for three years as she became a victim of my overzealous investments. I had to abuse her until my father agreed to buy me something that was faster and heavy.


now he is old and rickety...

The love of my life came in shinny black, he did cause me a lot of trouble for first few weeks and the mark is still etched to my right elbow. It came from the series – Street Racer and yes it was the slaying dragon in knight’s command.  The relationship went on for eight years and he is still in good health. Though little rickety and dusted, he is as glorious as ever.

Now eight years later distance has broken us apart and like my college days back in home, my twisted fate made sure that I ride to university even in my post-graduation year. The fate had decided my chariot would never destroy nature directly. Now I am technically owner of two bicycles, surprisingly I am owner of two laptops, two cell-phones, two cameras, each of which one is not being used or is broken and physically away from me. Duality was sewed to my fabric.

My nature presents me as an person who is an eternal collector, I have cupboards of stacked notebooks, stickers, key-chains, books, coins, stick-pads, old toys, pokemon cards, beyblade goodies and list of endless. I am a very selfish person who has always hated sharing what’s hers. When the topic comes to my bicycle I am a scary woman. I have cared for my black beauty for too long.

Now my younger cousin sister seeks it, how do the tectonic plates of emotion in my body react? First thought that comes to me is- Over my dead body. But do I have the right to stop a healthy guy from working just because he is mine, while I already have another green monster to paddle around. I learned to paddle with my elder sister’s baby ride. Had she been selfish like me would I have been riding my own green beast today?


Goodness has never been my forte; I am a selfish, hot headed, rude, impulsive, ambivert person. For once I want to let go of a thing I deeply feel attached to. For once I want to see if my action to let go can lead to something better. For the first time I decide to bid farewell to something that has become extended part of me.  

P.S- I officially grant my cousin sister to run wild with my Chariot!

thanking you to bear with me
paulOaries 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam

Webcomic Review: Fools by Yeongha and Bagdam Quote: If this were a relationship between a male and a female, wouldn't it be safe to assume that we were 100% attracted to each other? But because I'm a male and just an underclassman, Eungi Hyung would never consider anything like that, would he? Fools is a Korean Webtoon written by Yeongha and adorably illustrated by Bagdam. A weepy and heartbroken teen Choi Jeongwoo meets Kwon Enugi one night, where the latter ends up comforting and advising the teen.  A few years later, Jeongwoo is a freshman in the university where Enugi has returned for his final year after completing his military service. Enugi comes off as a standoffish young man while Jeongwoo the pretty boy is always smiling and super friendly.  After hearing Jeongwoo cry on his phone to his boyfriend during the welcoming party, Enugi can't stop but worry about him from then on. By the twist of fate they end up having breakfast tog...

Book Review: When The River Sleeps by Easterine Kire.

Book Review: When The River Sleeps by Easterine Kire. Quote: Perhaps the answer lay not in striving but in being. In simply accepting that the loneliness would never be eliminated fully, but that one could deal with it by learning to treat it like a companion and no longer an adversary. Ville a hunter wakes up from a dream, ventures out to search for the heart-stone; that holds the power of the river that's asleep. And this stone is guarded by wailing-angry-widow-spirits. Many attempts have been made at magical realism in Indian English writing, and I didn't like them. My personal opinion is that magical realism needs a deep connection with nature, maybe never explicitly explored in the text, but the traces of that connection always shows in the words written. And I have always argued that North East India is the most fertile ground to plant the seeds of magical realism in. Easterine Kire, pens our deep connection with nature for the national readership to gawk...

Momas'Day

As the month of May creepily entered my calendar,, I realized something was special... Well the Mothers Day entered my to-do-list...  I thought I was the only dearest daughter in the world who cared for her mother... But again my illusion was broken, by good major mates... Both of my major mates were also anxious about this one day...  First we got confused when the actual day was, some one said 1st may, other  8th may... But after all whats my dear Google for?? We found the date It was 13th May,, the second Sunday of may... So sitting in our Philosophy Exam hall, we three started discussing what to gift our dearest mothers,,, but to our surprise it was not only we three but many others who wanted to gift their mom,,. Hence the discussion broke out, one mate said she had already gifted her mother a Saree worth three thousand bucks... Now we all got dumbstruck by the selfless act and realized how shameless we were only gifting o...